St. Joseph’s Health Care Auxiliary
St. Joseph’s Health Care Auxiliary was formed October 15, 1938. Our mission is to support the hospital, not only with volunteer services, but also assisting with the quality of care for the whole person, body, mind and spirit, and financially by buying equipment.
The Auxiliary operates a gift shop and in-hospital mobile canteen service for the convenience of patients, visitors and staff. Patients can arrange for telephone and television rental through the Health Care Auxiliary. Auxiliary funds are used for Christmas gifts for patients in long term care and new born babies. Auxiliary members frequently prepare favours for and visit with patients.